1976 Ford Gran Torino – Starsky & Hutch – U0303
This certified camera car Starsky & Hutch 1976 Ford Gran Torino is a genuine star in the Maxmotive Flagship Pittsburgh Showroom. With the car comes certification from Spelling Goldberg productions that this is a “picture car” that appears in the series during the 1978 and 1979 seasons. Yes, Paul Michael Glaser as Starsky, and David Soul as Hutch actually drove this very car on camera. The trunk is filled with memorabilia including the sweater that “Starsky” wore on the show, police badges and ID, plus posters, cardboard cutouts, and scale models of the car. The car itself is prepared for high-speed pursuit. The studio added a 429ci Ford V8 with aluminum Super Cobra Jet heads and other enhancements including MSD Ignition, Edelbrock Air Gap Intake, Edlebrock open element air cleaner and tube headers with dual exhaust. It’s also dressed with Ford Motorsport aluminum valve covers. The base car came with power steering, tilt column, power front disc brakes, cruise control, and an AM/FM/8-track stereo.
Ford built a limited run of 1000 special edition Gran Torinos in the spring of 1976, of which about 300 are still known to exist. This is one of them, and it is one of two that Spelling Goldberg Productions used on the TV show.
The Galls Street Thunder siren, flashing lights, and Motorola police communication equipment that the studio installed are all present and accounted for and fully functional. It seems Ford Gran Torinos have star quality. A beautiful ‘72 even had the title role in a major motion picture. But before Clint Eastwood’s “Gran Torino,” there was “Starsky & Hutch;” starring what has arguably become one of the most recognized cars in America. See detailed photos at www.maxmotive.com.
This certified camera car Starsky & Hutch 1976 Ford Gran Torino is a genuine star in the Maxmotive Flagship Pittsburgh…
- Documented “Camera Car” from the TV Series “Starsky & Hutch”
- Driven On Camera by Paul Michael Glaser (Starsky) and David Soul (Hutch)
- Documentation of Authenticity from Studio
- Memorabilia Including Sweater Worn by Michael Glaser
- 429ci V8 Engine with 4-barrel Carburetor
- Aluminum Super Cobra Jet Heads
- Edelbrock Air Gap Intake and Open Element Air Cleaner
- MSD Ignition
- Headers and Dual Exhaust
- Ford Racing Aluminum Valve Covers
- 3-speed Automatic Transmission
- Galls “Street Thunder” Siren Bubble Light and Wig Wag Headlights
- Motorola Two-way Radio
- Red Exterior Paint with Custom White and Black Graphics
- Power Steering with Tilt Column
- Power Front Disc Brakes
- Factory AM/FM/Tape Stereo
- Factory Cruise Control